It is important to know all about it to make an informed decision when buying a 18 speed mountain bike shifters. This guide will help you understand how to choose a 18 speed mountain bike shifters that will meet your needs.
10 18 speed mountain bike shifters: Editor Pick's
Our 10 18 speed mountain bike shifters Review:
- Model: 3x7 Speed Twist Shifter with Handle Grips Set.
- Application: They are suitable for 21 speed mountain bike,commuter bikes,folding bicycles,kids or youth bike.
- Handlebar Grips fit for any standard straight bicycle,kids bike or stunt scooter handle bar.For a bicycle shift.Comfortable,soft-grip handlebar grips.
- The Twist Shifter Set minimize fatigue in your hands, wrists, and elbows on long rides.
- Good grip,better handling,this design is more space-saving.
- Cassette Compatibility 6 Speed
- Compatible for Shimano
- Trip 3X6 Speed MTB Twist Shifters
- 15/18/21 speeds Thumb Shifter.Main Material : Plastic & Metal.
- Adjusting Type Left Right Side Shift Levers for Variable Speed Bicycle. With long speed adjusting wire,the handles suit for the speed bicycle very well.
- Suitable for mountain bike/road bike/folding bike.(Please make sure that the handle pole hole is fit for your speed bicycle before buying）
- Works for 22.2mm diameter handlebar.
- Wire Dia. : 1mm / 0.04";Wire Length : 150cm/ 59" ;Adjusting Handle Size : 5.5 x 1.3x 0.5cm / 2.56" x 0.8" x 0.4"(L*W*T);Weight: 132g/pair.
- 【Beginner Choice】26’’*2.1’’ wide knobby tire suits unisex all age riders between 5’3’’-6’1’’. Lower step-through design makes riders straddle the bike easier. All terrain Tires are made of non-slip and explosion-proof materials. The soft foam saddle is comfortable, breathable, and easy to adjust.
- 【18-Speed Drivetrain】The bike comes with 18 speeds. A wide range of gears provide precise speed choice and assistance to help riders dominate any incline and crest hills with ease.
- 【Brake】Dual V-brakes make stopping a breeze and easy to maintain and replace.
- 【Frame & Fork】High carbon steel frame offers strength and durability for the bike. The thickened fork soaks up bumps effectively, which is perfect for exploring mountain trails in safety and comfort.
- 【Assembly Guide】85% pre-assembled, assembly tools included, easy to assemble within 20 minutes. We have assembly video on the product page. BAMCBASE offers limited lifetime warranty. If you have questions about bicycles, please contact us.
- 【Quality Aluminum Alloy Material】: The bike gear shifter is made of durable aluminum alloy material,bicycle shifter works perfectly for optimum performance and maximum safety and longevity.
- 【Bicycle Gear Shifter】: Right shifter is a trigger-type 7 speed shifter, with one lever for down-shifts and a thumb button for up-shifts.Left shifter is a friction/ ratcheting thumb lever for triple cranksets.
- 【Bike Speed Shifter】: You can use only left gear shifter for 3 speed and only right shifter for 7 speed and both left and right shifter for 3x7 speed.The optical gear shows the current gear position, which can be adjusted quickly, and the operation is simple and convenient.
- 【Wide Application】: The bike shifter is suitable for mountain bike, city bike, road bike, folding bike, etc.
- 【Trusted Choice】:If for any reason you dont love our gear shifter , please let us know and return this items well send you a refund - no questions asked.
- Front shock fork
- 18 speed index derailleur
- Front and rear linear pull brakes
- Quick release seat post
- Bike type: Mountain Bike
- Dual suspension mountain bike for trail riders looking for comfort and performance on technical terrain, 29-inch wheels with a medium frame fit riders 67 to 70 inches tall
- Mongoose Horst link 100 mm travel aluminum trail frame minimizes suspension lockout while braking and reduces chain tension through the travel cycle
- Free Floating Technology suspension is designed to limit brake jack and help absorb bumps in the trail for a more comfortable ride
- 18-speed trigger shifter offers smooth gear changes, Mechanical disc brakes deliver superior stopping power
- 2.25-inch wide knobby mountain tires provide extra grip and stability
- Thrilling landscapes - ride through deserts, forests, mountains, Lake and river regions, oases and more
- Crazy stunts & drifts to the Max -jump high into the air each time you do a stunt, then come back down to the ground and rack up the drifts. Your tires will pay the price, and so will your opponents
- Varied game modes - perfect your riding style in exciting game modes that feature unique and death-defying challenges
- Model:SL-TX30-6R bike shifter can tell the rider which gear has been selected during riding.
- 6 Speed shifter:The shifter is a trigger-type 6 speed right shifter with one lever for down-shift and a thumb button for up-shifts.
- Material: Made of high-quality plastic materials,safe and durable.
- Package list: 6 speed bike shifter(include shift cable)x 1.
- Application: Suitable for mountain bikes, commuter bikes, folding bikes. It is one of the important bike accessories that can provide smooth riding.
- MODEL NO: SL-TX30-LN; Left Shift Lever for Mountain Bike.
- Front/Left Speed: 3 Speed; Shifter type: Thumb Shifter Plus
- SHIMANO TOURNEY - Thumb Shifter Plus - Left Shift Lever - 3x7/6-speed (friction)
- The SHIMANO TOURNEY SL-TX30-LN is a thumb shifter for mountain bikes that features SHIMANO's OPTICAL GEAR DISPLAY
How To Choose Your 18 speed mountain bike shifters
If you want to purchase products like the 18 speed mountain bike shifters, you need to follow a buying guide. Some features need to tick your product before buying. Let’s take a look at them:
- Price: Online purchase has been renowned for offering items at the best possible prices. As such places have networks with many dealers and manufacturers, sellers offer the best deals. Moreover, there are no intermediaries, which lessens the additional costs.
- Reliability: As online stores portray customer reviews, purchasing them boosts reliability. If faced with any defect, there is a scope for you to change. Some stores have excellent customer service, pushing you to buy from there.
- Convenience: Who does not love convenience? Having everything as per your wish is something to die for. Buying a product from an online store is such. You do not have to worry about the time, the place, or the crowd. Everything happens when you want it and how you want it.
- Functionality: Check out your 18 speed mountain bike shifters functionality when you buy it. An easy way to do that would be to check the specs. Remember, the more vast the specs, the greater your product’s functionality.
What to look for when buying the 18 speed mountain bike shifters?
The products in the market are manifold. The variety of products is so high that it may be confusing to choose the right one for you. This is why we have created this guide for you to help you pick the right 18 speed mountain bike shifters easily.
1. The authenticity of the Online Shop Website
I did mention earlier that shopping online is very convenient yet it’s tough to know whether the shop is genuine. Everyone can seem to create an online shop with a couple of photos and prices just to be seen as legitimate. To know whether it’s genuine, make sure to look for the following:
- Contact Details — make sure to contact them first before buying to ensure that there would be someone to attend to you and you can understand further about their service.
- Website Layout – browse and feel if the site looks professional. How’s the quality of the images and more, that you can potentially find from the content of the website itself.
- Website Encryption — when buying from a secure website, you’ll always see the following in the address bar:
The padlock icon in the URL bar and the “s” in the “https://” means that your communication within the website and your computer are secured and encrypted online transactions.
2. Product Details
There are many important factors that you always have to look at. Especially if it’s something, you’re going to wear or even consume. It can be material type, ingredients, benefits, sizes, etc. The more product details, the better.
3. Compare Prices of Similar Products
If you’re not a frequent online shopper, you might find few items with good deals. But don’t let these deals trap you, do make sure to compare prices first of the similar products to other online shops. With so many online shops offering the same items, you’ll be shocked that some of them sell at a higher price than they are supposed to. There are so many websites out there that can help you check and compare prices.
4. Returns, Cancellations, and Refunds Policies
It is a very important part to know when buying items online. It’s good to know how the company handles returns or cancellations of items and whether there would be any refunds in any case. Purchasing online will always be risky because we usually cannot verify the quality of the items. Therefore, having the knowledge if there would be a refund will be a great point to consider if the items won’t be the same as expected.
While online shopping has made it easier for us to purchase anything we want worldwide, sometimes it can also be tricky. Say the shipping, if we bought it locally – usually will only take a few days but if we bought it from the international shop – then likely we have to wait for more than weeks, which I believe we don’t have an issue with that especially if we’re informed for the estimated delivery date. But it’s a matter of what if they ship it to the wrong address or there would be a longer wait than expected. Another thing that we’re also particular with especially buying international items would be the shipping fee – most of us don’t mind buying more to get free shipping. And there are just some of the online shops’ techniques to encourage customers to buy more and think that we’re saving money for the shipping fee. Lastly not to forget to have the tracking number of monitoring the progress of the delivery of your item.
6. Secured Payment Method
this is the most crucial part when purchasing online; sharing your credit/debit card details. Options to pay via credit card, debit card, and Paypal or other Third-Party payments are considered secure. Also, try not to make any online purchase when using public wi-fi or mobile apps connected to a public hotspot – it can be potentially easy for hackers to steal your information.
7. Be alert for Scams and Fraud
This never-ending story through calls, emails, and even contacting us through social media for these people to try to steal our information. Be wary and do necessary actions if you think you’ve encountered these tactics. Don’t open any suspicious links, don’t easily provide your particulars over the phone, make sure to ask a couple of questions to verify whether the call is not a fraud/scam. Check the person’s identity through other social media accounts if he/she exists. If you experience scamming, make sure to call your bank and police if needed. And do check your bank statement often, especially if you frequently buy online.
8. Customer Reviews
Finally, to check the reviews. How can we know that the reviews are not fake ones? Thanks to social media, these online shops nowadays have their social media accounts. That’s the best place to try to contact them and view more real/organic customer reviews. This is also perfect for reaching out to those who tagged the shop and understanding their experience. On that, you’ll have a more secure feeling before buying items online.