Based in Shreveport, Louisiana
25 June, 2015
Apple App Store
You’ll want to pick this one for reality-challenged fourth graders and anyone who nose they’re weird. It’s snot your typical storybook app because it's created by Academy Award® winning Moonbot Studios! is the illustrated memoir of children’s book author William Joyce, chronicling the true story of the making of his very first book. And that book is included in this app – narrated and sound effect-ed by Joyce himself.
The team behind critically acclaimed and returns to storybook apps with its latest release . Full of nostalgic references to a time when TV was black-and-white and Sunday newspapers had things called the funnies, this wildly fun story-within-a-story is based loosely on children’s book legend William Joyce’s fourth grade year. The app includes a version of Joyce’s very first book, with animations from the team at Moonbot Studios. is the tale of the world’s smartest booger and one that had Joyce sent to the principal’s office at A.C. Steere Elementary in Shreveport.
- Richly drawn spreads by William Joyce and animated by Moonbot Studios
- Turn narration and music on/off
- Super boogers (they’re nothing to sneeze at)
App Preview Video Vimeo
Book and App Trailer Vimeo
Logo & Icon
- "They say only the rarest kind of best is good enough for our kids. Well this puppy is as rare as it gets and, yes. It’s one of the best."
- , School Library Journal, of the hard copy picture book
- "This spirited memoir shows and tells what it feels like to struggle and to prevail."
- , Booklist, of the hard copy picture book
- "Zestful collage overlappings and retro-style illustration that slyly evokes old-school primers."
- , Kirkus, of the hard copy picture book
- "Joyce’s recreation of an episode from his own childhood bursts with energy and warmth. "
- , Publishers Weekly, of the hard copy picture book
Request Press Copy
Activity Guide to the Book (PDF)
Classroom-friendly activities created by a teacher (sorta). moonbotbooks.com.
Shreveport Mayor Declares Billy's Booger Day
Mayor Ollie Tyler named June 9, 2015, Billy’s Booger Day, in honor of the release of William Joyce’s latest picture book. sbmag.net.
About Moonbot Studios
Moonbot is a secret, zero-gravity colony inhabited by interstellar beings in Shreveport, La. Our team of 50 creates whimsical worlds and heartfelt characters across platforms including books, films, games and other entertainment transmedia. We put art and craftsmanship at the heart of everything we do. Our cofounders, award-winning artists and filmmakers Lampton Enochs, William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg have worked with nearly every major motion picture studio. Our work has been honored by the Oscars, Cannes Lions, Emmy Awards and Clio Awards.
More information on Moonbot Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Billy's Booger Storybook App Credits