Based in Shreveport, Louisiana
Press / Business Contact:
2031 Kings Highway
Shreveport, LA 71103
+00 (1) 318 213-0770
Moonbot is a secret, zero-gravity colony inhabited by interstellar beings in Shreveport, La. Our team of 50 creates whimsical worlds and heartfelt characters across platforms including books, films, games and other entertainment transmedia. We put art and craftsmanship at the heart of everything we do. Our cofounders, award-winning artists and filmmakers Lampton Enochs, William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg have worked with nearly every major motion picture studio. Our work has been honored by the Oscars, Cannes Lions, Emmy Awards and Clio Awards.
HistoryThe Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
Our first project, an animated short called The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore won an Academy Award. That story then became a New York Times bestselling picture book and a iTunes Hall of Fame app. Our success lead The Atlantic to call us “the Pixar of the iPad age.”Recent Work
Our imprint, Moonbot Books, in partnership with Simon & Schuster's Atheneum Books for Young Readers launched with the release of The Mischievians (Oct. 2013). Our branded entertainment work for clients such as Chipotle Mexican Grill (The Scarecrow arcade game app and animated short), Dolby (Silent, an animated short) and the Polyphonic Spree (Bullseye, an interactive music video app) continues to win awards and connect with a global audience. We've released an egg-citing arcade-style, free-to-play game Lollipop 3: Eggs of Doom. The Numberlys, which was a Webby Award-winning entertainment app in 2011 continues to charm audiences with Metropolis-inspired black and white world as an animated short and forthcoming picture book and augmented reality app.
Office Tour Vimeo
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore Trailer Vimeo
The Scarecrow - created for Chipotle Mexican Grill YouTube
Lollipop 3: Eggs of Doom Gameplay Trailer Vimeo
There are far more images available for Moonbot Studios, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Academy Award, Best Animated Short Film" - The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, 2012
- "Daytime Emmy, "The Scarecrow" for Chipotle Mexican Grill" - Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program and Outstanding New Approaches – Original Daytime Program or Series, 2014
- "Annie Award, Best Special Production" - "The Scarecrow" for Chipotle Mexican Grill, 2014
- "Webby Award, Best Entertainment App" - The Numberlys, 2012
- "Academy Award Shortlist, Best Animated Short Film" - The Numberlys, 2014
- "This oddball little studio now seems positioned to be the Pixar of the iPad age."
- Sara Rich and Alexis Madrigal, The Atlantic
- "[William Joyce] and his team at Moonbot Studios are intentionally acting nothing like a typical studio."
- John Pavlus, Fast Company
- "It is not inconceivable that, at some point in the future, a short children’s story called The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore will be regarded as one of the most influential titles of the early 21st century."
- Ben Machell, The Times UK
- "Moonbot Studios can bring almost anything to life."
- Gabriel Beltrone, AdWeek
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
Lollipop 3: Eggs of Doom
Team & Repeating Collaborators